Canva offers multiple design templates to work with, and while there isn’t any dedicated to creating sublimation designs, we will help you use its elements to create one.
Note: Most elements that can be used for sublimation designs are restricted to Pro users. Hence, if you have sublimation design backgrounds with you, use them to your advantage by uploading them on Canva.
Create Sublimation Designs in Canva
- Start by navigating to Canva and sign in with your credentials. Next, click on the Custom Size button present on the Home screen.
- Doing so, you’re displayed with Width and Height input boxes. Now, fill in the dimensions and adjust the units according to your requirements. Before proceeding with clicking on Create a new design, ensure you cross-check, as you cannot change the dimensions once created.
- After the design is created according to your requirements, navigate to the Editor panel on the left and click on Elements. Once the Elements panel is displayed, click on the Search box associated with it, search for Sublimation, and hit Enter.
- With the results displayed, navigate to the Graphics section and click on it to reveal all Sublimation designs. Once you find the one that matches your requirements, click on it to add it to the design.
- Next, place the image/text on top of the Graphic added. For this, you can use uploaded images by navigating to the Upload sections. However, if it is text, use the Text box and available fonts.
- If you’re adding images or text over it, ensure it doesn’t feature a background. For demonstration, we will create both scenarios, and here are the results:
- Once you’re happy with the sublimation design created, navigate to the top right corner and click on Share. Next, from the options displayed, click on Download.
- Doing so, the Download options tab appears. Now set the File type as PDF Print and Color profile as CMYK or leave the default – as PNG and then click on the Download button.
Congratulations on creating sublimation designs in Canva!
While Canva lets you create sublimation designs with ease, we felt severe restrictions as the Elements related to it are made available to Canva Pro users. As an alternative, we suggest using Adobe Photoshop or Printful Design Maker.