Couldn’t find a design for short bond paper in Canva? Worry not! Check out the below steps to do it right away.
Usually, bond papers are used for business documents, letterheads, stationery, business forms, handwritten notes, etc. While Canva comes with a wide collection of designs to work on, unfortunately, short bond paper isn’t one among them.
However, there is a way around creating a custom design, and we will guide you on how to do it.
What we cover
A4 Vs. Short Bond Paper
Before proceeding with the steps, it is important to clear the misconception between A4 and short bond paper to avoid the wrong use of design.
Starting with the dimensions, the subtle differences (refer to the image below) get most confusing. While it isn’t always right, generally, the thickness of bond paper is greater when compared to an A4 if you want to differentiate on touch.
With the misconception cleared, let’s get into the steps to create a short bond paper in Canva.
Create Short Bond Paper Size in Canva
- Start by navigating to Canva and login with your credentials. Once you’re on the home screen, please navigate to the Custom size button on the top right and click on it.
- Now, in the provided input fields under width and height, fill in the dimensions of the short bond paper and click on the Create new design button.
- By doing so, you’re created with a new custom design that matches the dimensions of a short bond paper on Canva.
- Now, you can create the document that you want to print on bond paper. To make it easy, we suggest you use free customizable templates by navigating to Design and searching for it in the search box provided.
- If you notice the above picture, we have created a letterhead using the templates for demonstration. However, irrespective of the way you have used the design, once you’re done, navigate to the top right corner, click on Share, and then Download.
- Now, click on the drop-down under File Type, select PDF standard, and click on the Download button from the download box displayed, and you’re done.
- If you aren’t using the document created for digital purposes but want to print it, set the File type to PDF Print to gain more flexibility. Regarding the color profile, update it to CMYK as you are trying to print the PDF.
- After you have downloaded the PDF, verify by checking the page size in the document properties. If you have done it right, you find the same dimensions as a bond paper.
Congratulations on creating a short bond paper size in Canva!
While the above steps are the only available approach to create a bond paper design in Canva, if you want more flexibility and security while creating an official document, we suggest using Adobe Acrobat.