Canva eraser tool is used to manually erase certain parts of the background that the background removal tool fails to remove. While the Canva background removal tool is made available to its Pro users, if you don’t have access to one, use the below steps to try the Canva background removal tool and its eraser tool.
A Quick Guide to Using Canva Erase Tool
- To try Canva background removal for free, start by opening your browser and navigating to the Canva online background removal tool.
- Once the webpage is loaded, navigate to Upload your image and click on it. Now, select the image and wait for Canva to upload the image and for the editor to load it.
- With the editor loaded and the Effects tab displayed on the left, navigate to the Magic Studio and click on BG remover.
Note: As you’re trying the background removal tool without Canva Pro, you are asked for credentials. Now, sign in with an account that was never used before on Canva.
- Once the background of the image is removed, click on the BG removal tool again to open its settings.
- With the Background removal tool settings loaded, you’re displayed with the Erase and Recover tools. Now click on the Erase tool, adjust the Brush size according to your requirement, and use it to erase the unwanted background.
- Once you’re done erasing certain parts of the image, if you want to compare it with the original image, turn on the toggle next to Show original image and make corrections accordingly.
- However, if you have made any mistakes, you can correct them using the Restore tool, which is similar to the Erase tool.
Congratulations on learning how to use the Canva eraser tool!
While the above steps are for users without Canva Pro, if you have access to Canva Pro, skip Steps 1 & 2 and open Canva as usual. Once the editor is loaded, upload the image and use BG removal without any restrictions.
However, if you aren’t happy with Canva and its restrictions, use remove.bg or any other online background removal tools as an alternative.