Is the save paused in Canva while working on the designs? Worry not! Check the fixes for autosave to work again.
If you have worked on Canva, you might have rarely saved the design manually as it does for you. The auto-save on Canva works by saving the design to the cloud every few seconds or when a change is made.
While this is convenient, if the auto-save gets paused, it can be a hassle. To address this, we have offered you multiple fixes below to sort the issue.
What we cover
Before you begin
- Considering the autosave feature is directly associated with the internet, verify if your device has an active and stable connection.
- Sometimes Canva’s servers might be down, and in such a scenario, you might face a Save Paused issue. Hence, check Canva status and wait for a while if there’s any issue from their end.
- Usually, most issues go away with a restart. Hence, restart your PC to make the system resources free and for the browser to function properly.
If the issue persists after the quick fixes, consider performing the below advanced fixes for a better resolution.
Advanced Fixes for Save Paused issue in Canva
Check if your Browser is Web Sockets Compatible
Canva’s editor works on client-server communication through the use of WebSockets. If you’re facing a save paused issue on Canva, check out the below steps to fix it right away:
- Start by opening the browser you’re using Canva on and perform a real-time web test to find if it is web sockets compatible.
- Alternatively, you can test the Websockets by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C to open inspect and navigate to the Console tab. Next, type in the below command, and it should return true when you hit Enter.
'WebSocket' in window
In both the above scenarios, the browser we used for the demonstration passed the WebSockets test. If you’ve displayed any other result than the above, reinstall your browser or use prominent browsers.
Disable Antivirus or VPN
Sometimes, the Antivirus or VPN you use might end up severely restricting the network and its traffic, causing several online tools like Canva to malfunction. While there aren’t dedicated steps to address this, follow the below generic steps:
- Open the Antivirus or VPN you have recently installed.
- If you are using a VPN, disconnect it and uncheck the security options that can interfere with the network traffic.
- However, if it is an Antivirus, turn it off and add the browser you’re using to the trusted applications.
If you’re not able to disable antivirus or VPN, refer to the knowledge base or reach out to customer support for help.
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
As Canva operates as an online design tool within a web browser, the gradual accumulation of cache and cookies might result in a Save Paused issue. For demonstration, we have used Chrome, and here are the steps for it:
- Begin by opening the browser and press Ctrl + H to open History.
- After the History is loaded, navigate to the left and select Clear browsing data from the available options.
- Doing this opens a new window with dedicated options related to clear browsing data. Now, check the boxes corresponding to Cookies and Cache, and then proceed by clicking Clear data and restart the browser.
Disable/Remove Browser Extensions
Extensions can affect the functioning of the browser. If you have recently installed any and are suspicious that it is causing issues with Canva, follow the below steps to disable and remove it:
- Start by launching the browser that you use Canva on and enter the URL below to open Extensions.
- Next, navigate to the extension that you’re suspicious about and click on the enabled toggle associated with it to turn off the extension.
- If the issue persists and if you’re sure that the extension is the cause, uninstall it by clicking on the Remove button.
Sign out from all devices – Canva
If none of the above approaches work, the probable cause behind the Save Paused issue can be due to the use of your account on multiple devices.
Use of Canva membership over the suggested limit can cause several restrictions. To avoid this from happening, end all sessions by signing out from all devices using the below steps:
- Open the browser, navigate to Canva, and sign in with your credentials.
- After you’re authorized, navigate to the top right corner and click on Settings.
- Once the settings are loaded, navigate to Login & security on the left and click on it. Next, look for Security and click on the Sign out of all devices button.
Congratulations on fixing the save paused issue in Canva!
We suggest saving the design manually to avoid losing your progress. While the above approaches should sort the issue, start by updating your browser and then your PC. However, if that doesn’t help, try changing devices and then reach out to customer care and provide the necessary details to get the right assistance.