Canva comes with a wide range of animations to work with, and Spin [Rotate] is one among them. In this guide, we will help you get started with animations and how to set conditions for the spin animation through the detailed steps below.
Make an Image Spin in Canva
- Begin by going to Canva and logging in with your credentials. Once you’re signed in and are on the Canva Home, navigate to the Create a design button and choose a design to get started.
- In case you’ve already started working on a project, open it from the Recent designs section located on the home screen.
- Once the new or existing design is loaded, add any element, such as text, graphics, shapes, images, etc, to the design. For illustration purposes, we’ve opted to work with an image.
Quick Tip: To insert an image into the design, click on Uploads from the Editor panel on the left. Then, click on the image you want to add to the design. If you haven’t uploaded anything yet, do so by clicking on the Upload Files button.
- After adding the element [image] to the design, click on it to reveal its options at the top. Now, go to Animate from the available options and click on it.
- By doing this, you’ll be displayed with various animations on the left. Now, scroll down until you find the Add Motion Effects section. Next, look for Rotate and click on it.
Pro Tip: For engaging animations, you can add multiple animations to the image at once. Hence, try experimenting by selecting different animations and verifying the preview on the right.
- After selecting the Rotate animation, you can find the image rotating from the preview on the Editor. Also, you can adjust the speed and direction to your liking, but unfortunately, they are restricted to Canva Pro users.
- With all changes made and you’re happy with the results, click on the Share > Download > Download button to download the design. While doing so, ensure you set the File type according to your requirements. If you have done it right, your result should resemble the one below.
Congratulations on making an image spin in Canva!
While Canva does a great job at making the image spin, it lacks the flexibility to adjust the speed and direction for Canva Free users. If you aren’t happy with the result, try working with Adobe Photoshop for better results and additional flexibility.