Sometimes you may not find a certain app on the home screen of your iPhone. There are several reasons why you may not be able to see some apps on the home screen of your iPhone. You might have sifted it to some existing app folder by accident or even disabled it.
You should first check every page of your iPhone home screen to see if you can find the app that you are looking for. In any case, there is no need to worry as we have got you covered on how to put an app on the home screen of your iPhone by providing a step-by-step guide.
4 Ways to an Put App on the iPhone Home Screen
Your iPhone has many apps and features. There are times when you must have wanted to have these apps on your home screen for easy access.
There are many ways in which you can put an app on the home screen of your iPhone. We have listed the best methods to help you to put an app on the home screen of your iPhone.
Add an App from the App Library
Your iPhone has an App Library which is home to all the apps on your device. All the apps can be seen and found in the App Library of your iPhone. To add an app to the home screen of your iPhone, you need to follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the App Library of your iPhone.
- Check the list of apps in your App Library.
- Search the app that you want to put on the home screen. There are two ways to do so: you can either scroll down and find the app or type the name of the app in the search bar to find the app.
- Tap and hold onto the app that you want to move to the home screen.
- Drag it and it will be shifted onto your home screen.
- You can also select the option “Add to Home Screen”
- You can then place it wherever you want by dragging and shifting it on the home screen.
Reveal Hidden Pages
The iPhone has one feature that enables you to hide pages from the home screen of your iPhone. There are chances that you might have hidden some of the pages from your home screen. You can unhide these pages by following the below steps:
- Tap on an empty space and hold your home screen.
- You will see some dots on the lower part of the home screen. This indicates the number of pages. Tap on it.
- Select the number of pages that you want to reveal.
The invisible pages are indicated by hollow circles and the visible pages are indicated by grey circles. Tap on the hollow circles, so that you can unhide the pages on your home screen.
Disable Content Restrictions
Some apps on your iPhone have content restriction settings. If these setting are enabled on your iPhone, then there is a chance that you may not be able to see the app on the home screen of your iPhone.
Follow the below steps to disable the content restrictions, so that you can see the app on the home screen of your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Next, go to the Screen Time Menu Option.
- Select Disable the Restriction for the app you want.
- Exit the Settings to check if the app has appeared on the home screen.
Resetting the Home Screen Layout
This option can be used if the methods mentioned above do not work. If you reset the home screen layout on your iPhone, it will delete any folders that you have created and put all the built-in apps in their original places.
Follow the below steps to reset the layout of the home screen of your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Next, go to the General Settings.
- In General Settings go to the Reset option.
- Next, tap on the Reset Home Screen Layout.
This will reset the layout of the home screen on your iPhone. Now you can look for the app that you wanted as the home screen will be set to default and there will the lesser folders to look at.
Also Read: How to change home screen on iPhone
Can I remove any app from the home screen of my iPhone?
Yes, you can remove any app from the home screen of your iPhone. You need to tap on it and then delete/remove it for it to be removed from the home screen.
What will happen if I reset the home screen on my iPhone?
If you reset the home screen on your iPhone, all the built-in apps will be visible on the home screen as they were the first time as per the default settings. You must note that all the other folders that you created and put on the home screen will removed in this process. Thus, you should be careful and reset the home screen of your iPhone only when it is absolutely necessary.