Canva offers you flexibility by offering options to control its tools. As a result of this, you can use these tools to your liking and generate engaging designs with ease. In this guide, we will help you with using frames and resizing them for complete control.
Resize Frames in Canva
- Begin by navigating to Canva and sign in with your credentials. After you’re logged in, open the project you’re working on from the Recent designs section on the Canva home.
- If you haven’t started with any, click on the Create a design button and choose a design or Custom size, and provide inputs to create a custom design.
- With the new/custom/existing design loaded, navigate to the Editor panel on the left and click on Elements from the available options on the left. Now, type Frames in the search bar associated with it and hit Enter.
- By doing so, you’re displayed with multiple results. However, pay attention and navigate to the Frames section and click on it to find all available frames. Once you find the frame that matches your requirements, click on it to add it to the design.
- With the frame added to the design, you will find it selected by default, and multiple options are displayed on the top. Now, click on Position among the available options and you’re displayed with the Arrange tab on the left.
- Next, navigate to the Advanced section in the Arrange tab and set the Width and Height or X and Y values to properly resize the frames.
Quick Approach: While the above approach is arguably the ideal way to resize the frame, if you’re looking for a simple approach, click on any white dot at the corner of the frame and drag it to resize the frame [Refer to the image below for better understanding].
Congratulations on learning how to resize frames in Canva!
The above approach also works with the frames with images in them. However, to avoid unnecessary cropping or zooming, ensure the image is of high quality and is of the same dimensions as the frame added to the design.