Canva is most used on the PC, arguably for better flexibility and to gain access to all features. However, in terms of adding accent marks, there isn’t a tool dedicated to it. Hence, as a way around this, we will help you add accent marks through the easy approaches below.
What we cover
Add Accent Marks in Canva [PC]
- Start by navigating to Canva and sign in with your credentials. Once logged in, click Create a design button on the home screen and choose the design. Alternatively, click the Custom size button and enter dimensions to create a custom design.
- If you’re already working on a design, navigate to the project you’re working on from the Recent designs section and click on it.
- Now, open a new tab on your browser and open typeit. Next, choose your online keyboard to start typing the accent marks.
- After loading the online keyboard, press the accent buttons or type the accent marks using the Alt button. Once the text is displayed in the text box, copy the text and navigate to Canva [Refer to the image for better understanding].
- Next, navigate to the empty canvas and press T to add a text box. Now, replace the text inside it with the text copied earlier by selecting it and pressing Ctrl + V, and you’re done adding accent marks to Canva.
Add Accent Marks in Canva [iOS & Android]
If you find the above approach difficult, consider using Canva on iOS & Android, as the keyboard supports accent marks. Here are steps on how to add accent marks to the design:
- Begin by opening the Canva app on your smartphone and signing in with your credentials. This is important as you can work on the existing one started on PC by opening it from the Recent designs section.
- Once the existing design is loaded, navigate to the bottom left corner of the app and tap on the + icon to open the Editor panel.
- By doing so, the editor panel opens, and at the bottom of it, you’re displayed with multiple options. Now, keep swiping to the left, and once you find the Text option, tap on it.
- After the Text panel is displayed, tap Add a text box or use the Default text styles.
- With the text box added to the design, replace the text with the accent marks. To type the accent marks, long tap the alphabet to display accent marks and slide your finger on it to select and add it to the design [Refer to the image for better understanding].
Congratulations on adding accent marks in Canva!
While there is a limitation with Canva, there is a way around it, and we suggest adding accent marks to the design from Canva iOS or Android. However, if you aren’t happy or find this a long process, use text editors like Microsoft Word or photo editors like Adobe Photoshop.