If you want to free up some space on your iPhone, the best way to do this is to delete apps on iPhone that are either not of much use to you or are causing some issues to your device.
Check out the following steps to clear the existing apps on your phone and make some space for the good.
What we cover
Method 1: Delete Apps on iPhone from Homescreen
It is very easy to uninstall an app from your iPhone.
- Select the app that you want to uninstall.
- Long-press the app till a pop-up appears on the screen.
- Select the Remove App option.
- Next, click on the Delete App to confirm, and your app will be deleted
- Removing from Home Screen will only remove your app from the home screen.
However, the job is not done yet. The above steps help you in removing the app from the home screen, but it still exists in your Apple account. The problem with this is that when you update or sync your iPhone the next time, this app may be added back to your home screen!
Method 2: Delete Apps from Your App Library
An app can be removed easily from the home screen. But the app might still be present in Apps Library, iTunes, and even in the App Store.
Note: If you remove an app from your home screen, it will still be present in your App Library. But if you delete your app from your App Library, it will automatically remove it from your home screen.
Check out the following steps to remove an app permanently on iPhone:
- Open the App Library on your iPhone.
- Type the app’s name that you want to delete in the search bar or scroll to find the app that you want to delete.
- Long-press on the app that you have to delete.
- Select Delete App and press Delete to confirm deleting the app.
Also Read: Hide all apps on iPhone
Method 3: Delete App from App Store Account on iPhone
If you want to delete any app permanently, you need to delete it from your Apple account in the App Store as well. You first need to uninstall the app and then follow the below steps:
- Open the App Store.
- Click on your Profile Photo.
- Click on Purchased to see the apps that are installed.
- Scroll and search the app that you have to delete.
- Swipe left on the app and tap on the Hide option.
This will remove the app from your Apple account and also hide the record of its installation. But it will still be visible in the purchase history of your iPhone.
Method 4: Delete Apps from Settings on iPhone
You can use Settings on your iPhone to delete any apps that are present on your iPhone. To delete an app from Settings, follow the next steps:
- Open Settings and click on General.
- To see the list of apps on your iPhone tap on the iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down to find the app that you want to delete.
- Select Delete App and confirm by tapping on Delete App again to permanently remove the app from your iPhone.
Method 5: Delete Apps from iTunes on the iPhone
You can also delete any app from your iOS using your computer. To delete an app from iTunes, follow the next steps:
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Navigate to the Library and then click on Apps.
- Scroll to the app that you want to delete. Right-click on it and then select Delete.
- Click on Move to Trash to confirm deleting the app.
- Open the Trash and empty it.
- Lastly, connect the iTunes and iPhone to sync. The app will be removed permanently from your iPhone.
Method 6: Delete Apps from iCloud on the iPhone
All that is there on your iPhone will be there on your iCloud as well. The app itself might not be there on the iCloud, but its data is stored on the iCloud. To remove the app’s traces from iTunes, follow the next steps:
- Open Settings.
- Go to iCloud.
- Open Storage and click on Manage Storage.
- Tap on iCloud Backup.
- Tap on your iOS device name.
- You can see a list of all apps. Click on Show All Apps.
- To remove the app permanently, swipe left and tap on Turn Off & Delete.
Also Read: Delete all photos from iCloud and iPhone
What can I do to remove the app from the purchase history on my iPhone?
You need to contact Apple Support and then ask them to remove the app from your purchase history.
Can you delete preinstalled apps on iPhone?
There are only a few preinstalled apps that can be deleted from the iPhone. You need to check which apps can be deleted and then remove them using the steps mentioned above.
If I delete any app on my iPhone, will it cancel my subscription from Apple?
Deleting an app from the iPhone will not cancel your subscription from Apple.