Are you a music enthusiast who loves to jam along to your favorite songs on Spotify? If you find that Spotify stops suddenly when your iPhone screen goes into sleep mode, then it will not be surprising. This has been a real mood killer to many Spotify users. But never fear.
We are here to help you navigate through some straightforward ways that can keep the music playing even if your iPhone goes into a state of sleep.
Understanding the Issue: Why Does Spotify Stop Playing?
This problem occurs quite often – you’re vibing to a playlist, and as soon as your iPhone screen dims, the music stops suddenly. This is because When your iPhone screen goes off, some settings may limit what background apps can do in order to preserve battery life. But we’re not letting that stop the beat!
Check Your Settings
This means you must ensure that your iPhone settings are not causing this interference.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your iPhone, open it up, and go looking for “Display & Brightness”.
- Check for Auto-Lock options.
- It can go off frequently if the time set is very short, like 30 seconds, which might lead to pauses in Spotify.
- You should set the Auto-Lock to 2 or five minutes in order for your music to play without stops.
This simple change may be the answer to keeping a constant musical flow.
The Background App Refresh
Background App Refresh setting is another possible suspect.
- Visit the Settings folder.
- Tap on the General option, and then choose Background App Refresh.
- Make sure Spotify has permission for it to be switched “on.” This will allow the app to update content and run in the background even when your screen is off.
By allowing Spotify to enable Background App Refresh on your iPhone, you are dictating that the music can continue playing even when other apps may be enjoying a brief sleep.
Update, Upgrade, and Reinstall
Outdated apps can sometimes misbehave. Ensure that you have the latest version of Spotify on your iPhone. Go to the App Store, locate Spotify, and check out for any updates available. Update it if there is and see whether the problem remains.
If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. This can rectify any bugs that could be leading to playback disruptions. Fear not; your playlists and stored songs are connected to your account, so you won’t lose it.
Also Read: How to change screen timeout on iPhone
Check Battery Optimization
Sometimes, the iPhone’s battery optimization can hinder background run apps. To verify this:
- Open “Settings,” then ”Battery.”
- In the list of apps, find Spotify and make sure it is not marked with Low Power Mode.
Low Power Mode limits background activities, and we want to ensure that Spotify should get the VIP treatment so it plays smoothly regardless of whether your iPhone is in battery save mode.
Download Your Music to Access it Offline
If you still have interruptions, try making your music offline. With Spotify, you are able to download your favorite songs, albums, or even playlists when offline. With this, the music continues to play even after your screen goes off or if you get into a low-signal location.
To do this, just look for the content you want to download and tap on the three dots next to it, then choose “Download.” After downloading these tracks are also available in your library even if the iPhone screen is switched off.
What should I do if the Spotify interruptions continue to happen?
If it still happens, just reinstall or update the Spotify app. You can also download the music offline.