In the digital marketing world, sales funnel creators and landing page builders are relatively new terms, especially advanced ones like ClickFunnels and Unbounce. These sales promotion methods have come to the fore in digital marketing over the last two decades. The current automation of the technologies is even more recent.
Let’s investigate the two and examine which would make more sense for promoting your business.
We’ve mentioned Unbounce and ClickFunnels in the same context, but are they that similar? There are many similarities but there are also major differences, allowing us to draw a comparison between the two.
What we cover
The primary difference between Unbounce and ClickFunnels is clear. Unbounce builds landing page templates and uncomplicated AB testing splits. ClickFunnels launches products with the use of entire sales funnels.
Having identified this difference, it’s only logical to explain the differences between a sales funnel and a landing page. The main difference between landing pages and sales funnels comes down to their designs.
Landing pages are single website pages with an individual marketing purpose. Sales funnels incorporate several web pages that assist visitors through the entire buying process. Besides this contrast, smaller differences also exist between landing pages and sales funnels.
Landing pages drive conversions while the different web pages of a sales funnel all have different goals. A landing page often appears among these. The aim of a sales funnel is also to promote sales and conversions but using a more strategic and involved process.
Custom landing pages can be used to register for free trials or product demos. Alternatively, they offer sign-ups for webinars, survey participation, or options for downloading ebooks.
A sales funnel may include these page types but could also feature other pages with specific aims. These lead prospective clients on a path, or down the funnel, to achieve the ultimate goal of conversions.
Sales funnels often include pages like “opt-in” pages for lead accumulation. They can also include pages that promote different products or services on the journey or helpful guides and videos to further enlighten visitors.
A landing page, or sales page, will likely fall later in the sales funnel process. It might only be followed by an order page and a thank you page to complete the funnel.
How Does Unbounce Work?
Unbounce is perfect for building, publishing, and launching landing pages for websites in a quick fashion. It’s an easily-customizable platform designed for efficient landing page deployment.
Unbounce promises more leads, sales, and customers to its users. The platform pairs businesses with Artificial Intelligence to convert previous knowledge and ideas into marketing campaigns. These, in turn, improve conversion prospects.
With Unbounce, businesses cut down time spent on building landing pages by almost half compared to an older type of landing page builder. Its landing page software creates sticky bars and popups more easily. Copy for the page is seamlessly generated by its powerful AI engine.
The landing page platform also helps to optimize traffic by routing your site visitors to landing pages suited to your audiences. This facility assists businesses to generate more sales.
As such, Unbounce is an excellent platform for generating income. In business, you can create high-converting landing pages for your digital products. This includes software, eBooks, or courses you might want to offer.
A persuasive landing page is an incredible way of promoting your online business and generating revenue through online marketing to convert visitors into clients.
Unbounce makes lead generation simpler through its user-friendly landing page software. You can promote your trial memberships, webinars, and eBooks in exchange for email addresses. This provides great email marketing opportunities for future lead capture.
E-commerce store owners can easily create pages that highlight benefits for targeted promotions or specific products. Unbounce connects to all the best e-commerce tools. This allows you to both promote your products and accept online payments from your landing page itself.
Marketing freelancers can use their landing page creation experience to offer their services on freelance platforms. In this way, they can generate income with their Unbounce experience.
Unbounce also has a partner program. This means after completing the free sign-up process, you can invite other parties to trial Unbounce. If a referral results in a person or entity signing up, the referring party benefits. They will receive a 20% share of that contract for as long as they remain a paying Unbounce customer.
Unique Features of Unbounce
Some of Unbounce‘s features contribute to making it the easiest and quickest solution to create landing pages. These include:
- Unbounce’s Smart Traffic feature incorporates AI-driven A/B testing into unlimited landing pages. The algorithm will instinctively match the best variant to a relevant visitor. It optimizes automatically so there’s no need for manual adjustments.
- A drag-and-drop editor that makes customizing your page creation that much simpler to do. The platform enables easy page dimension changing. Individual element positioning can be carried out with precision in just a few clicks.
- Unbounce Form Builder lets you use drop-downs, radio buttons, hidden fields, and checkboxes to create both one and two-step forms.
- The best landing page builders program the launch of their popups. Unbounce offers more popup launch options than most of its competitors. You can set popups to launch when visitors access your landing page or leave your website.Additionally, popups can launch after the visitor has spent a prescribed time on the landing page. Otherwise, it could launch when they scroll further than a certain point on the page.
- Unbounce has lead generation tools and built-in optimization for conversion. This enhances the sales potential of every audience member visiting your sales pages.
How Does ClickFunnels Work?
The primary strength of ClickFunnels is to create and manage high-converting sales funnels. These funnels include lead generation pages and upsell and sales pages. There are also webinar pages, checkout pages, and others for membership sites.
ClickFunnels has a reputation as a powerful marketing tool for businesses. It especially helps those wanting to optimize their sales processes in order to increase conversions.
The platform easily creates entire sales funnels to guide website visitors through the sales process. With ClickFunnels, you can create several different sales funnel pages, and optimize them for conversions. Some of the major roles that ClickFunnels plays for businesses are:
ClickFunnels helps businesses to streamline their sales processes. This happens in an intuitive simple manner through the creation of sales funnels that work. The platform increases conversions through sales funnel optimization assisting you to make a visitor’s navigation easier.
This includes creating appealing visuals while utilizing convincing and empathetic language. You can also build strategic calls-to-action which allows your business to turn more visitors into customers.
ClickFunnels enables businesses to include authentic experiences and content in their marketing funnels. In this way, you can build customer relationships and create a community around your products or services. It’s also a first-rate lead-generation tool.
You can use ClickFunnels to optimize your pages and create lead magnets for your business. This means you’re able to improve lead capture and use email campaigns to further nurture them.
ClickFunnels can also help to improve the return on investment (ROI) of a business. It does so by streamlining sales processes and increasing conversions. With a more targeted sales funnel, you cut down your costs for customer acquisition, thus improving revenue per customer.
Unique Features of Clickfunnels
ClickFunnels has many features that stand out from its opposition. These provide users with ways to build unlimited funnels to assist with better marketing and conversions. Some include:
- The Etison editor is a drag-and-drop builder. It’s designed to offer marketers and businesses options to build pages that don’t rely on the prowess of designers and programmers.
- ClickFunnels provides a one-click upsell and downsell feature. It contributes to increasing the sales value of your funnels meaning more product or service offers to your customers. These negate the need for entering constant credit card details. Instead, they can add items to their cart with a single click.
- Optin forms mean you can add visitors to your email lists, even MailChimp and MailerLite autoresponders. When potential customers enter their email addresses, they are automatically added to your list of emails. With many available templates, you can create different fields for gathering visitor information.
Which is Better?
Let’s have a look at how Unbounce vs ClickFunnels benefits differ, and where their similarities lie.
Drag-and-Drop Builder or Editor
Unbounce’s drag-and-drop editor targets users already familiar with marketing campaigns. ClickFunnel has a visual drag-and-drop editor that is easier to use and is not short on features.
Experienced users can use Unbounce’s one or two-step forms without problems. ClickFunnel guides beginners better, though, and includes interface boundaries. These restrict practices that aren’t recognized as useful.
Templates & Customization
Unbounce includes a huge number of templates to create a landing page suited to your needs. You can customize your page with a variety of add-ons, colors, and layouts that will emphasize your business brand.
ClickFunnels also has multiple templates that enable customized graphics for your funnels. These include everything for different pages, from eCommerce templates to sales and webinar funnel page designs.
Unbounce allows you to achieve conversion rates easily through A/B split testing. The testing is accessible no matter which pricing option you’ve chosen. The Unbounce community can integrate with WordPress and invite other users to merge into their landing page’s platform.
ClickFunnels also supports the optimization of its funnels by using A/B testing to assist in finding out which funnels are working. This A/B testing is only available at an extra monthly fee, though.
Analytics & Tracking
ClickFunnels has an advantage in total analytics. You’re able to follow the whole sales process but you cannot compare it with the data provided through Google Analytics by Unbounce. This enables excellent integration to track the performance of your landing pages.
Pricing Plans & Free Trials
Pricing plans for Unbounce vs ClickFunnels:
- Unbounce offers a 14-day free trial before choosing one of four options ranging between $99 and $625 monthly.
- ClickFunnels is a cheaper option for the premium plan, presently costing $208 per month. The entry-level plan is more expensive, priced at $127 monthly. With three plans available, ClickFunnels also has a two-week trial period.
Both Unbounce and ClickFunnels offer great discounts for annual subscriptions.
Unbounce doesn’t integrate in as many ways as ClickFunnels. It does list the majority of the popular integrations so you should always find one that’s functional. ClickFunnels has a larger number of integrations including the use of APIs. In this way, you can connect payments and email responders.
Unbounce offers client support via both emails and calls. The company’s forum is always active, offering solutions to questions and member communication. Unbounce also has an extensive center for resources for new or inexperienced members.
ClickFunnels has an extensive Help Center. You’re also able to email or call them for assistance, although telephonic support only exists for Premium members.
- Excellent drag-and-drop function
- Vast selection of templates
- Easy and efficient setup
- User-friendly with coding know-how not essential
- Simplistic A/B testing
- Potentially difficult software integration
- Exceptional resource center
- Marketing funnel element sharing capability
- Easy front-end functionality
- Aesthetically attractive templates for themes
- Involved domain connection
- Difficult back-end functionality
Unbounce sets up your landing page quickly and effectively through the use of well-devised tools and excellent templates. These are designed to attract and convert visitors, resulting in more paying customers and subscribers.
ClickFunnels offers more features for designing fully-functional sales funnels. Although more expensive, it provides an absolute solution for effective digital marketing and conversions.
Comparing Unbounce vs ClickFunnels means weighing up your options based on your needs. If you need a single page to land visitors, consider Unbounce. If you need full sales and follow-up funnels, ClickFunnels is likely the way to go. The final decision is up to you.